To be Iowa’s trusted voice for real estate, and empower members and associations to achieve excellence.
2018-2019 IAR Strategic Plan
Who We Are
The Iowa Association of REALTORS® (IAR) is the leading advocate for more than 7,500 real estate professionals in Iowa. Representing all facets of the industry, the IAR is proud to serve as a resource of services and opportunities for its members.
What We Do
IAR works with REALTORS® in a variety of ways:
- We offer professional development (continuing education) courses through the IAR School Real Estate, taught by our expert instructors
- Legal counseling
- Governmental advocacy and representation through RPAC (REALTORS® Political Action Committee)
- Advertising and public awareness of the differences between a licensed REALTOR® and a real estate agent
- Housing Statistics for the entire state
- Benefits to our members, including:
- Health Insurance Program
- Valuable members savings from our Benefits Partners
- Conventions, conferences, updates, etc.
Why a Realtor®?
Only a REALTOR® is a member of the local, state, and National Association of REALTORS® and makes a pledge to uphold a strict Code of Ethics.
Because the IAR is an advocate and voice for Iowa’s real estate professionals, it is important that we are represented by the dynamic leaders of our industry. The IAR is comprised of a delegate body that is elected by our members to serve in the best interest of REALTORS®.
Learn more about the IAR Leadership Team and IAR Committees and Workgroups