Pre-License Online Course
Self Paced Online Course
All 60-hour salesperson pre-license courses offered by the Iowa Association of REALTORS® are accredited with the Iowa Real Estate Commission. These mandatory courses were created to provide the most comprehensive coverage of all required aspects of the real estate industry; giving you a concrete foundation to pass your test and build your real estate career.
IMPORTANT: Iowa law allows you six months to complete the online course. Extensions beyond six months cannot be provided. Per Iowa law, there are no exceptions.
Already Started this Course?
Click Here to Access
About The Course
During the course you will learn the Iowa Real Estate Commission prescribed course of study, including:
- Law of agency
- Real Estate Law & Conveyancing
- Legal Descriptions and Zoning
- Trust Accounts & Closing Statements
- Real Estate Insurance
- Iowa License Law & Commission Rules
- Law of Contracts
- Fair Housing
- Financing of Real Estate
- Real Estate Mathematics
This course is entirely self-contained online – no additional textbooks or study materials are needed.
- No additional classroom time is required
- No instructor or course assistance is available
- No additional books or study material are required or provided (but you can print material presented on-screen while working online)
- Additional study material is available for purchase. Please contact our professional development staff email@example.com
- You MUST complete the online course within six months. Extensions cannot be granted. Per Iowa law, there are no exceptions to this rule.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
Students requesting a refund within 30 days from the date of purchase will be given a full refund. 31-60 days into the course will be charged a $125 cancellation fee. Beyond 60 days no refund is available.
No refund is available once the course has been completed.
Upon Completion Of The Online Course
You have six (6) months from the date and time of purchase to complete the Iowa Salesperson Pre-license course. Per Iowa law, extensions beyond six months cannot be granted. There are no exceptions.
Completion of the online course is contingent upon the completion of:
- Every Unit (mandatory to move forward in the course)
- Every Unit Exam with a score of 80% or greater
- Final Examination with a score of 80% or greater
- Electronic student affidavit
Students may repeat units, unit exams, and final examinations as many times as necessary to achieve the required number correct.
Upon completion of the course the Iowa Association of REALTORS® will be notified and your certificate of completion will be issued by the Iowa Association of REALTORS®, not REsmarts. The certificate will be available online in the My Account section of our website (use the non-member sign in) within ten (10) business days of course completion.
Take the Licensing Exam
You MUST present the official certificate of completion to the testing center and attach to your license application. DO NOT schedule your Iowa license test until you have your official completion certificate from the Iowa Association of REALTORS.
The PSI testing center will not refund or transfer your test date if you do not have your completion certificate.
See the Salesperson License page for more information on the Iowa license test and other licensing requirements.
REsmarts, the company that manages the online course system, provides technical support for students who have questions or problems with their web browser or the technical side of the course.
If you experience ANY technical difficulties please contact REsmarts technical support hotline first at: 800-532-1515
Technical Support Hours
- Monday-Friday, 8AM to 4:30PM Central Standard Time
Technical support is also available to discuss the requirements necessary to run the online course on your computer.
Education Email: firstname.lastname@example.org