Each day, members of the Iowa Association of REALTORS® strive to uphold the values of being a REALTOR. Whether contributing to the Association itself, providing clients with fair and informed assistance, or making an impact in their community, REALTORS® make a lasting impact on the real estate profession.
The Iowa Association of REALTORS® recognizes these contributions by honoring one member with the prestigious designation of REALTOR® of the Year.
The REALTOR® member who has contributed most to the advancement of this profession and the community-at-large during the last 12-18 months will be selected for this recognition and honored at the 2023 IAR Annual Convention in September.
Do you know someone who exemplifies what it means to be an Iowa REALTOR®? Use this form to nominate them for Iowa REALTOR of the Year.
The nomination form is to aid in the selection of the Realtor of the Year by the state association committee. Nominations close at noon on Thursday, August 17.
Nominate someone today!
REALTOR® of the Year nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
1. REALTOR® "SPIRIT": Faithfulness to bylaws/regulations of the Code of Ethics and his or her local board/association; furtherance of principles of good real estate practice among other REALTORS® and the general public.
2. LOCAL BOARD ACTIVITY: Board offices held; committee membership and chairmanships; seminar activity; educational programs and other special assignments; membership and offices held in local chapters or institutes, etc.
3. STATE ASSOCIATION ACTIVITY: Offices and chairmanships held (with dates);committee work; involvement with seminars and special assignments; attendance at IAR's REALTORS® convention and governance meetings.
4. NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® ACTIVITY: National office and committee work (with dates); involvement with Institutes, Societies and Councils; designations received such as CRS, CRB, CCIM, GRI, etc.; attendance at NAR Annual Conference, Directors' meetings, etc.
5. BUSINESS ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Recognized for good business conduct, service to clients and fellow REALTORS®, creative and imaginative business skills in sales and advertising programs, rehabilitation work, land utilization, etc.; include industry-related affiliations, directorships, trusteeships, designations etc.
6. COMMUNITY SERVICES AND INVOLVEMENT AND/OR HUMANITARIAN SERVICES: Activities connected with work for youth and religious groups etc.; cultural contributions to the community; civic club memberships and offices held; public welfare campaigns; programs to benefit Senior Citizens; political offices held such as school, tax, planning, zoning boards, etc. Humanitarian Services include Good Samaritan deeds; helping others in distress or need.