Financing Your Home
- Find the Home Loan That Fits Your Needs
- 7 Homeowner Tax Advantages
- 7 Tips For Improving Your Credit
- 4 Tips To Determine How Much Mortgage You Can Afford
Finding Your Home
- Why Use A REALTOR®
- 7 Steps To Take Before You Buy A Home
- 8 Tips For Finding Your New Home
- Negotiate Your Best House Buy
- After The Contract Is Signed
- Keep Your Home Purchase On Track
- Home Inspections
- Buying Insurance
- 7 Steps To A Stress-Free Home Closing
- Mortgage Interest Deduction
Housing Statistics and Trends
Visit our housing stats page for charts and data to download. Also, we publish a monthly press release regarding the status of Iowa’s real estate market.
All real estate is local. If you want detailed housing stats of a city or local area, consult with a local REALTOR®.
Filing a Complaint
Ethics Complaint Information
The Code of Ethics is enforced by a local board or local association of REALTORS®, and local boards/associations may also receive enforcement and mediation assistance from the Iowa Association of REALTORS® in the form of a professional standards hearing and/or assistance from IAR legal counsel.
To file an ethics complaint please fill out the following ethics complaint form and send it to your local board of REALTORS® office.
IAR Legal Counsel cannot represent consumers. If you need legal assistance, please contact your private attorney.
Ethics Complaint Form
Additional Ethics Complaint Information
• Before Filing a Complaint
• Procedures for Consideration of a Violation
• Outline of Procedure for Ethics Hearing
Arbitration may be requested to resolve disputes among REALTOR® members. Your REALTOR® can use the form below to request arbitration.
License Law Violations
In addition to filing an Ethics complaint with the local REALTOR® Association, the public can file a complaint with the Iowa Real Estate Commission (IREC). The IREC is the state agency that issues real estate licenses and is charged with overseeing the state's real estate license law.
Click here for information on filing a complaint with the Iowa Real Estate Commission.